Pages

Tuesday 3 March 2020

Hamlin's Hill

On Friday the 28th of February the 2 intermediate classes went on a trip. We went to Hamlin's Hill. It was an amazing experience for me and good exercise. When we first arrived there we had to clean our shoes because we had to keep our nearly extinct Kauri tree alive. I was very tired and scared but I was really enjoying myself.

Seeing Pests
When we were in the forest we saw traps. We saw a chew card where we put peanut butter on a special type of card and stick it to a tree so we can see if there are any pests like rats, stotes and possums. Frazier was telling us facts about one of the traps called the black attack trap. When I was walking around a rabbit came running towards me and it actually hit my leg while it was running. After that I ran out of the bush feeling very scared but I was fine.  When we had reached the top we got to have a long break and got to look at the beautiful view.a

When we were done we made our way into another forest and got to see some more trees and we saw whitey the tree. After that long walk we went back out to wait for the bus and went home.



No comments:

Post a Comment